Privacy and Cookies Policy
Please note that, unless we define a term in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, all capitalized words in this Privacy and Cookies Policy have the same meaning as in our Terms.
We respect the privacy of our Customers and the people we work with. We value the trust placed in us and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any Personal Information given to us.
Booking Suite B.V. (“Booking Suite”) provides online registration and an account facility (the “Backoffice”) for Customers. When they complete the online registration process, accommodation providers in most countries sign up with Booking Suite.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy, which we update from time to time, describes how Booking Suite uses and processes Personal Information obtained in the course of the registration process and through the Backoffice.
What kinds of Personal Information does Booking Suite collect through the Backoffice?
In order to register a property, Booking Suite asks for the names and contact details (email address, mailing address and phone number) and billing information (bank account or payment card information) of the Customers. Such data may be considered Personal Information. Once registration has been completed and a property has been accepted, access is granted to the Backoffice. When using the Backoffice, Booking Suite collects such information as IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, application versions, language settings and page visits.
What kinds of Personal Information does Booking Suite collect through others?
i. By Customers for Additional Authorized Users. Customers who use the Services may submit the Personal Information of other individuals at their organization to register them as authorized users of the Backoffice. We will treat this as we treat all Personal Information; however, it is the Customer’s obligation to inform its authorized users about the purposes for which Personal Information about them is collected and that such Personal Information may be used on the Site and in connection with providing the Services. Authorized users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into the Site and editing their account information or by contacting their Backoffice administrator.
ii. Referrals. We provide a referral mechanism for Customers through which they can send us information about other individuals or companies that may be interested in Booking Suite. The use described below notwithstanding, we will contact these referrals one time only using the information provided to us. Booking Suite stores this information (including Personal Information) for the sole purpose of contacting the referral and tracking the success of our referral program. Referrals may contact us using the information below to request that we remove this information from our database. Please note that it is the referring Customer’s responsibility to obtain any consents required under applicable laws, including any contractual arrangements, to provide Personal Information to us via our referral program.
Why does Booking Suite collect, use and share Personal Information?
For internal use.
• Registration and account administration. Here Booking Suite uses Personal Information to register the Customer’s property and to allow the Customers and Booking Suite to administer and manage the Backoffice. If the Customer hasn’t finalized the online registration, we may email the Customer a reminder to continue with the registration. We believe that this additional service is useful to our Customer because it allows the Customer to continue with the registration without having to fill in all the registration details from scratch. Reminder emails contain an unsubscribe option that the Customer can use if it doesn’t want us to send it any more messages.
• Marketing/Communications: Booking Suite also uses Personal Information to send our Customer our newsletter and marketing communications. It further sends updates about the Site and Services and requested information regarding the Site and Services. The Customer may choose to stop receiving our newsletter, updates or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in the Backoffice or the Customer can contact us at email@example.com.
• Customer Service. We use Personal Information to respond to Customer Service requests, questions and concerns.
• Analytics, improvements and research. Booking Suite uses Personal Information to conduct research and analysis. We may share or disclose the results of such research, including to third-parties and our Affiliates, in anonymous, aggregated form, as more particularly described below. We also use Personal Information to assess the needs of our Customer’s business to determine suitable Services and to improve our Site, Services and marketing efforts. We also inform our Customers about possible improvements that can be made to their property’s presentation and in how they use the Backoffice. We also invite our Customers to take part in surveys, such as market research, and to analyze how to improve the user experience, functionality and quality of our Backoffice, property presentation and Services.
• Fraud detection and prevention. We need to have Personal Information in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or violating activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud and to facilitate prosecution where necessary.
Note that property information, including the name of the property, will be used in accordance with the General Delivery Terms as part of the separately executed Accommodation Agreement.
Sharing With Affiliates. We may store our Customers’ Personal Information in a database that is accessible to our Affiliates; however, our Affiliates may not use their Personal Information in any manner (including to contact them with marketing communications) without their prior consent, which they may provide to us.
Sharing With Third-Parties. We may share or disclose our Customers’ Personal Information with or to third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. We do not sell or rent their Personal Information. If our Customers wish to update or delete their testimonial, they can contact us using the information below.
• Service Providers. Booking Suite may share or transfer Personal Information with or to other companies and individuals that help us provide our Services and/or maintain the Site or conduct our business. We may employ third party companies and individuals to provide the Services on our behalf, and to perform, without limitation, maintenance Services, database management, payment processing, marketing communications, and web analytics. These third parties have access to Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
• Compelled Disclosure. We reserve the right – when legally required or strictly necessary – to disclose Personal Information in relation to our Customers to law enforcement authorities, investigative organizations and other entities of the Priceline Corporate Group of which Booking Suite is a part.
• Safety and Security. We may disclose our Customers’ Personal Information to third-parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect ours or our Users and Customers’ rights, safety or property, including to investigate fraud.
• Sale or Merger. If Booking Suite is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, our Customers will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of their Personal Information, as well as any choices they may have regarding their Personal Information, including in the context of such a sale, merger or acquisition.
• With Consent. If our Customers give us written consent to do so, we may share or disclose our Customers’ Personal Information to any third party covered by their consent. This includes any Personal Information they may consent to allow us to share in any Customer testimonials we may post on our Site.
Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data. Booking Suite may share information that is derived from multiple Users’ Personal Information in aggregate form and/or if such information is not capable of identifying our Customers’ or any other individual. We may share this aggregate information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes, including any such information collected from End Users (as more completely discussed below).
Retention of Personal Information
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on our Customers’ computer. Through these cookies, certain information may be collected – information such as their IP address or what browser they are using. Information about our Customers’ computer’s operating system, its application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to our Customer, as well as other anonymous standard log information, may also be collected. If they are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies their mobile device, for example, device-specific settings and characteristics. None of this information on its own will be able to tell us who the Customer is.
Webpages have no memory. If the Customer is surfing from page to page within a website, it will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies enable their browser to be recognized by the website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies, and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan, and according to who places them on a website.
We try to give our users an advanced and user-friendly website in accordance with their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
• Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show our Customers our website, to enable them to function correctly, create their Backcoffice and to sign them in. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
• Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember our preferences and to help our Customers use our website efficiently and effectively. For example, we remember their preferred language. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for our Customers and enhance their experience.
• Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our Customers use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and mobile platforms, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which webpages our Customers’ viewed, which referring/exit pages they entered and left from, which platform type they used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times they click on a given page, their mouse movements and scrolling activity and the text they type while using our website.
How long do Booking Suite cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from our Customers’ last visit to our website. They can erase all cookies from their browser any time they want.
How can our Customers recognize Booking Suite cookies?
Our Customers’ can find our cookies in their browser settings.
Does Booking Suite use third-party cookies?
Who has access to Booking Suite cookie data?
Only Booking Suite has access to Booking Suite cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can our Customers’ manage their cookie preferences?
Using their browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, they can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where they find these settings depends on which browser they use. They can go to the "Help" function in their browser to locate the settings they need.
If they choose not to accept certain cookies, they may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support Do Not Track browser settings.
Does Booking Suite use web beacons?
As well as using cookies, Booking Suite sometimes uses web beacons, through its third-party provider. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to our Customers’ computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyze the traffic patterns of users to optimize the travel-related Services we bring to our Customers.
If our Customers wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving them targeted ads, they may opt-out by clicking here: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com. Please note this does not opt them out of being served advertising. They will continue to receive generic ads. And, as with the information described in the above sub-sections, the information collected by Web beacons does not contain Personal Information, nor will we link the information collected to our Customers’ Personal Information.
Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies
What security procedures does Booking Suite have in place to safeguard our Customers’ Personal Information?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of Personal Information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any Personal Information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the Personal Information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access Personal Information in the course of their work.
About the Customer Sites
As indicated above, this Privacy and Cookies Policy only governs information we collect from our Customers. This Section discusses how we treat our Customers’ End User Data (as defined in the Terms).
Generally. As indicated in the terms, Booking Suite collects and Processes End User Data, including Personal Information, under the direction of our Customers, and has no direct relationship with the End Users whose Personal Information may be processed as part of providing our Service. If you are an End User of one of our Customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our Services, please contact that Customer that you interact with directly (i.e. the company or individual who has retained use to provide Services). We will use End User Data, including Personal Information, to the extent required for us to provide Services to our Customers, which may include transfer to third-parties who we use to help us do so. Transfers to other third parties are covered by the agreements with our Customers. Also, we may use End User Data, including Personal Information, for our internal business purposes in any manner, provided such End User Data is modified and/or aggregated such that the Customer or the individual End User are anonymous.
Access; Choice; Removal. An individual End User who wants to access correct, amend, or delete inaccurate End User Data should direct his or her query to the appropriate Customer, who is the data controller. If a Customer requests Booking Suite to remove any End User’s Personal Information, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
Retention. We will retain End User Data, including Personal Information, as described under the header “Retention” above.
How can our Customers’ control the Personal Information they have given to BookingSuite?
Our Customers’ have the right to review the Personal Information we keep about them. They can request an overview of their Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly request our Customers to please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of their email and include a copy of their identification card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing their Personal Information.
If the Personal Information we have for them is incorrect, out-of-date or not relevant anymore for the purposes collected, we will update or remove it at their request. We kindly request our Customers to contact email@example.com. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Who is responsible for the processing of Personal Information on the Booking Suite Backoffice?
Booking Suite B.V. controls the processing of Personal Information collected from the Backoffice. Booking Suite B.V. is a private, limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and has its offices at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If our Customers have any suggestions, requests or comments about privacy, Personal Information and how we handle Personal Information, they can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.