We do not share your individual property data with the Booking.com organization except for billing purposes. Booking.com never sees your sensitive business and guest data.
Effective Date: April, 2015
This privacy statement applies to the services provided by BookingSuite B.V., Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, (“BookingSuite”) and describes how BookingSuite collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website http://suite.booking.com (“Site”) or via the online registration and an account facility (the “Backoffice”). The Site and the Backoffice are jointly referred to as the “Services”. It also describes the rights and choices you have regarding our processing of your personal information.
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time, so please visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates.
What kind of personal information does BookingSuite collect?
When entering the Site, BookingSuite automatically collects data using cookies, such as IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, application versions, language settings and page visits. To register your property and to grant you access to the Backoffice, BookingSuite requests the following information: contact details (name, email address, mailing address and phone number) and billing information (bank account or payment card information).
Please make sure that the personal information we process about you is correct, relevant and up to date.
In addition, your personal information may be processed if you have been registered by someone in your organization as an authorized user of the Backoffice or if your personal information has been provided to us through our referral mechanism because someone believes that you may be interested in the services of BookingSuite. If we have received your personal information via our referral mechanism, we will process your personal information only to contact you once and to track the success of our referral program.
Why does BookingSuite collect, use and share personal information?
For internal use. We use your personal information internally for the following purposes:
- Registration and account administration. We use personal information to register your property and to allow you and BookingSuite to administer and manage the Backoffice. If you haven’t finalized the online registration, we may send a reminder to continue with the registration. We believe that this additional service is useful to you and allows you to continue with the registration without having to fill in all the registration details from scratch. Reminder emails contain an unsubscribe option that you can use if you don’t want us to send messages.
- Marketing/Communications: We use personal information to provide you with requested information, to send our newsletter and marketing communications, and updates about the Services. You may opt-out at any time from our newsletter and other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in the Backoffice, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service. We use personal information to respond to your requests, questions and concerns.
- Analytics, improvements and research. We use personal information to conduct research and analysis. We may involve a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research, including to third-parties and our Affiliates, in anonymous, aggregated form. We also use personal information to assess the needs of your business to determine suitable services and to improve our Services and marketing efforts. We may inform you about possible improvements that can be made to your property’s presentation and use of the Backoffice. We may invite you to take part in surveys, such as market research, and to analyze how to improve your experience, and the functionality and quality of our Backoffice, property presentation and our services.
- Fraud detection and prevention. We use personal information in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or violating activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud and to facilitate prosecution where necessary. For this purpose personal information may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities and external advisors.
- Sharing With Affiliates. We share your personal information with members of the Priceline Group (www.pricelinegroup.com) (“Affiliates”) as permitted by law, such as with Booking.com B.V. for analytical purposes. If required by law, we shall first ask your consent before our Affiliates may use your personal information for marketing communications.
- Sharing With Third-Parties. We may share your personal information with third parties as permitted by law and as described below. We do not sell or rent your personal information.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers to provide our services and/or maintain the Site or conduct business on our behalf.
- Compelled Disclosure. When legally required, strictly necessary for the performance of the services or to protect our rights, or the rights of our Affiliates or users, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, investigative organizations, affiliates such as Priceline.com or in legal proceedings.
- Sale or Merger. We may share your personal data in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. Of course, we shall notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site and inform you of your rights.
Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data. We may share data in aggregate form and/or in a form which does not enable the recipient of such data to identify you, with third parties, for example for industry analysis and demographic profiling.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
We try to offer you advanced and user-friendly Services. To achieve this, we use the following types of cookies. We don’t list every single cookie used by name to keep this document clear and comprehensive, but you can contact us for detailed information:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to perform the Services, for example so that you can create an account and sign in. These cookies are absolutely necessary for the Services to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We use functional cookies to remember preferences and to help you use the Services efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred language. These cookies enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use analytics cookies to gain insight into how the Services are used, for example to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and mobile platforms, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant for you. Data collected using analytic cookies include: which webpages are viewed, which referring/exit pages are entered and left from, which platform type is used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times one clicks on a given page, data on mouse movements and scrolling activity and text typed while using the Services.
The data we collect via the cookies may be shared with our Affiliates.
Does BookingSuite use third-party cookies?
Yes, we partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Site or to manage our advertising on other sites. We use third party tracking technologies, such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts, for analytical purposes. Although data collected by these technologies does not always personally identify you, some data may be considered personal information under applicable law. We use this data for marketing and advertising purposes, customer relationship management, and business intelligence systems. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Services, tracking movements around the Services and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Data collected using such cookies may be shared with the third party. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these third parties on an individual as well as aggregated basis. Please see an overview of the cookies the Cookies we use here: http://bsv.preview.buuteeq.com/cookie-policy/cookie-policy.htm.
The third parties we use are committed to establishing responsible business and data-management practices and standards.
How long do BookingSuite cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. If data collected via a cookie contains personal information, we will not keep this data in an identifiable form longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information has been collected.
How can cookie preferences be managed?
You can control the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer at any time. The browser settings can be found via the “Help” function. To remove our cookies, you can also use this link: http://booking.com/purge_cookies. Mind you, if you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions of our Services.
We secure your personal information. If you have any questions about the security measures, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Links to Third Party Sites. Our Site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you click on these links, visit those sites or submit personal information to any of those sites, the processing of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. Please carefully read the privacy statement of any site you visit.
- Blog / Forum. Our Site offers a publicly accessible blog. Any information you provide on the blog may be read, collected and used by others who access such information, so please do not to post any personal information. Our blog is managed by a third party application that may require you to register to post a comment. We do not have access to, or control over the information posted to the blog. Please review the applicable privacy statement and contact the third party application to have personal information, post or comments removed.
- Testimonials. We display endorsements and personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
At all times you have the right of access the personal information we process about you. If your personal information is incorrect, out-of-date or not relevant anymore for the purposes collected, please let us know via email@example.com and we will update or remove it. We will respond to your request within 30 days, however, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes. Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email.